This position is responsible for managing and coordinating all raw material related projects including, but not limited to, raw material sourcing and qualification, evaluation of technical information, facilitation of the documentation process, regulatory assessment and NAI specification requirements compliance.
Select new and/or replacement ingredients and new and/or replacement suppliers to maintain competitive pricing, meet production and customer requirements. Analyze the market place and material supply to improve quality, and reduce cost. Lead special projects as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing sourcing and sourcing process management of new and/or replacement raw materials or suppliers to meet production and customer requirements.
- Manage sourcing and sample approval processing for existing ingredients necessary to accomplish company objectives, including alternate sources.
- Monitor raw material sample submissions from suppliers and track progress through the approval process. Prioritize items as necessary.
- Evaluate the suppliers on existing raw material specifications for determining their suitability for inclusion for replacement and/or new ingredients.
- Coordinate specification development in conjunction with Quality and Analytical Laboratory
- Recommend changes to management regarding supplier sourcing opportunities. Maintain tactical and strategic relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate raw material information such as pricing and market trends. React to supply issues by informing leadership of all options that are available to assist with maintaining or improving established costs.
- Assist R&D and Regulatory departments on raw material technical issues and/or qualification of existing/replacement raw materials.
- Assist in resolving non-conformance items through internal and external processes including corrective action process and pursue continuous improvement.
- Discuss defective or other non-compliant material with Quality personnel and others to determine root cause of problem and the corrective action required.
- Price and review new quotes.
- Represent the Purchasing in interdepartmental meetings and cross-functional teams.
- Interact with all departments throughout the company.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work in conjunction and independently of others in the department.