We are looking for a dynamic individual to help out our Technology Services Department by taking on Helpdesk responsibilities and providing customer service support for our corporate and branch offices. This position is responsible for troubleshooting basic hardware, software, printer issues, as well as other forms of workplace technology. The individual will also assist the systems administrators with networking and server issues as needed.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Information Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the company’s userbase.
- Resolves Tier 1 helpdesk tickets. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate IT personnel for resolution.
- Provides support for all IT-managed products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing users regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. Additionally, it may involve troubleshooting printer issues and resolving difficulties with the ERP system.
- Determines the most effective manner to resolve the user's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with full-time staff when necessary.
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Works on IT related projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in managing corporate network to maintaining server and network appliances reliability and integrity through monitoring, documented procedures and applications (such as antivirus software and monitoring tools) to maximize performance, minimizing security issues and systems down time that could affect corporate operations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements that apply to the Information Technology field a plus.