Essential Duties & Responsibilities
•Develop and review proposed formulas and ingredients providing substation for structure-function claims, nutritional and technical information as required.
• Review formulas and ingredients for regulatory compliance of registration documents and labeling as they relate to nutritional dn supplement facts panel information.
• Prepare review, monitor, evaluate, and summarize stability programs for products.
• Conceive and develop formulas suitable for commercialization. Design and conduct appropriate experiments for the proper use of laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
• Trains others in developing new products;
• Provides technical and scientific input, support and assistance to other technical disciplines.
• Maintains accurate records of all development projects. Prepares technical documents relevant to area of responsibility such as SOP's, electronic master batch records, raw material and product specifications, technical reports, label copies, product justifications and technology transfer documentations.
• Ensures efficient operations in assigned project areas in accordance with Natural Alternative International Requirements, SOP's and GMP's.
• Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience with product/process development, processing laboratory techniques and regulatory requirements and a firm foundation in chemistry, mathematics, pharmaceutics and/or food science.
• Proficient in oral and written communication skills as well as effective organizational and supervisory skills and the ability to make presentations and recommendations in the area of responsibility.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in a cross functional team environment and have the ability to statistically analyze data.
• Must have computer literacy to include word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Sound judgment and decision making skill.
Education: Requires a four year college or university degree or its equivalent in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
Experience: Requires a minimum of four years industry formulation development experience with four years of related experience.